- Deliveroo formalises initiatives with new team to drive purpose-led partnerships and engagement
- Focus areas for 2020 include sustainability, reducing hunger and homeslessness, and local community projects
- Deliveroo stepped up its social impact initiatives this year with partners including Returnr, Polished Man, BioPak and the Lighthouse Foundation
Melbourne, 18 December 2019: Following a successful year of sustainability and social impact initiatives, Deliveroo has announced the formation of a new dedicated Sustainability & Social Impact Team to drive and expand the company's purpose-led initiatives into new areas in 2020.
Consisting of eight people, the Deliveroo Sustainability & Social Impact Team will formalise its programs and partnerships, aligning its 2020 priorities with the United Nations Sustainable Development Agenda, focusing on three key areas. These are 1) Responsible Consumption and Production, addressing the need for sustainability and environmental protection; 2) Zero Hunger, a goal that aims to improve nutrition and food security; and 3) Good Health and Well-being, focused on improving physical and mental health.
Sustainability and social impact initiatives will be designed to impact customers, restaurants and Deliveroo riders, as well as the broader communities in which Deliveroo operates across Australia.
Ed McManus, CEO for Deliveroo Australia said: "More than ever before, businesses today need to take a leading role in helping to address the big issues in our society. Being purpose-driven is at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have led the industry with initiatives like signing onto the WWF's 'No Shark Fin' pledge and introducing opt-in cutlery to reduce plastic waste, which now sees 91 percent of Deliveroo customers choose not to receive disposable cutlery or napkins with orders.
"With a dedicated Sustainability & Social Impact Team in Australia, we're looking to strengthen and expand on this in 2020. We will be investing in new partnerships and collaborating with organisations to bring about positive change to the local communities in which we serve."
The Sustainability & Social Impact Team will build on the successful initiatives that Deliveroo undertook in 2019, which was highlighted with the company's work across a range of issues and with leading partners including:
- A partnership with reusable packaging organisation Returnr to create a world-first closed-loop resuable packaging scheme that aims to replace single-use takeaway packaging. Since launching in 2018, Returnr has successfully diverted over 85,000 pieces of packaging from landfill
- A partnership with BioPak, Australia's leading eco-friendly packaging company, to offer compostable packaging in its packaging store for restaurants, offering a discounted rate for those who wish to replace single-use packaging with a compostable alternative.
- A Homeless Delivery initiative, partnering with 25 Melbourne restaurants and the Lighthouse Foundation to deliver food to rough sleepers in Victoria. Customers were able to make a $1.00 donation while ordering from participating restaurants to help those in need. There are now more than 68 restaurants participating in the initiative, and thousands of Australians have contributed.
- A partnership with Polished Man, a charity set up to end violence against children. Deliveroo created a Willy Wonka-style nail polish that tasted like smokey BBQ rings with a side of onion rings, and blueberry pie sundae for dessert. The nail polish sold on the Deliveroo App for $20, with proceeds going to Polished Man.
Deliveroo partners with 8,000 riders nationally who on average choose to work 15 hours a week, while they fit work around study, hobbies, caring responsibilities or other jobs.
Rider numbers have grown by 50% over the past year demonstrating the growth in new ways of working in the on-demand economy.
Deliveroo is an award-winning delivery service founded in 2013 by William Shu and Greg Orlowski. Globally, Deliveroo works with over 80,000 best-loved restaurants, as well as 50,000 riders to provide the best food delivery experience in the world.
Deliveroo is headquartered in London, with 2,500 employees in offices around the globe. Deliveroo operates in over 500 towns and cities across 13 markets, including Australia, Belgium, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom.
Deliveroo operates in 13 cities across Australia, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Geelong, Wollongong, Hobart, Newcastle, Cairns and Penrith.
Contact: Dexter Gillman Edelman for Deliveroo Australia 0439 393 196